Dynamic, boutique public affairs firm working on some of the largest and most exciting public infrastructure projects in the region is seeking a full-time Assistant Project Manager. Ideal candidate is passionate about one or all of the following: public transportation, environmental sustainability, community development and plans, and transformation of urban settings. Candidate must be outgoing, flexible (willing to work evenings and Saturdays when needed), organized, attentive to detail, a strong writer, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and social media savvy.
- Demonstrated ability to support all aspects of public engagement and community outreach activities including supporting the development and implementation of public outreach programs frequently associated with the environmental documentation required for the California Environmental Quality Act/National Environmental Protection Act (CEQA/NEPA). Responsible in assisting with the firm’s day-to-day business development and marketing tasks, including responding to client requests for qualifications (RFQs), and tracking requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Development and maintain database of contacts, tracking of deliverables and project comments.
- Development of collateral and notification materials, and dissemination of materials. Experience with email marketing and web marketing software desired.
- Logistics associated with the planning and staffing of public hearings and community meetings, documentation of outreach activities, and general support as needed by Project Managers.
- Experienced in conceptualizing, developing, planning, and implementing outreach and engagement plans for large public projects.
- Interested in developing innovative ways of advancing public participation in pivotal projects within the Southern California region.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organized, and detail oriented.
- Self-starter and work well as part of a small team.
- Interest and some experience in government and public policy, CEQA/NEPA environmental process and community relations.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams and can multi-task.
- Experience with social media and design software desired.
At a minimum the selected candidate will possess a BA/BS in preferably one of the following areas:
- Public Administration Urban Planning Public Policy
- Environmental Studies
- Political Science
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and academic qualifications. Excellent employer paid medical benefits including dental, paid vacation and traditional holidays.
Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Assistant PM” in subject line.